Skip to main content

The legend of Beaver Island

They call it the Bahamas of the midwest and it will test your sight casting capabilities. I dont know the exact date that Beaver Island got on my radar as a fisherman. I'm sure it began while trolling videos of fly fishing on youtube among other things. Maybe it was the crystal clear and clean rock bottoms of the great lakes, maybe it was the massive streamer smashing giant common carp cruising in wolf pack like fashion along the great lake shores. It was probably a combination of many things that sparked my interest.

This place has had my interest since I first seen these video of Lefty Kreh slipping a very subtle presentation of a near 'nuff crayfish immitation fly in front of a giant crusing carp. It could have possible been from the Carp on the fly blog posts from the Carp fishing bad ass John Montana and his now famous Montana Hybrid fly, Or it could have been from A blogging mentor I follow The Fiberglass Manifesto This place is a top priority of my fishing journey and I fully intend to make this a semi annual pilgrimage, I have yet to fish there but I this needs to happen asap ( send me a invite and I maybe just have the finances ) The influences among the carp addicts all over the internet keep my chomping at the bit so to say. The videos of screaming drag and spool ripping, keep me entertained in the mean time. Until my first adventure there I can only imagine and continue to #wadeforit (thats a hash tag of mine, so tag me in it ) as always please like, subscribe and follow. @the_weekend_wade@fiberglassmanifesto
Indigo Guide service

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back Cast

I am often asked "how did you get into fly fishing?' or " you fly fish?" The next comment is " I always wanted to learn how to do that but I think it's hard." Truth is I was one of those fascinated, but intimidated people. As a kid I would wake up early on Saturday mornings to watch the now late, great Tony Wejebe on Spanish Fly , or Walter's Cay Chronicles as they traveled all over the world and threw these beautifully created flies across the most remote and distant places all over the ocean and world. To me these places seemed so magical and far away. I would sit there in the early mornings, legs crossed with a big bowl of cereal, mesmerized by these fishing journeys. This intrigue stayed with me and in the back of my mind for quite a long time. I would often watch videos on Youtube as an adult of far off fly fishing destinations. This fly curiosity stayed with me until one of my random Cabelas trips to the bargain cave. I paced aro

First Cast

"What the??" Is what my wife said as I told her I was creating a blog about Fly fishing. I've been looking at ways to create, express and waste time for my favorite hobby. I've spent so much money, time and energy chasing fish from my home state of the Arizona desert all the way to Central Indiana, where I live now. I don't really know what I'm doing with a blog, but I'm stubborn (my wife will agree) and won't give up easily. What I hope for this blog is exciting content that I think is important in fly fishing. Tag my blog on instagram  @brandonkypreos , I want to to give opinions, reviews and advice to the best of my knowledge. I'll talk about my daily experiences on the water. Don't expect me to give you my #langitudes ,haha. I want to expand the readers and my knowledge and perception. I'm excited for this opportunity to express my love for fly fishing and waste some time in this cold Indiana winter. Tight lines!                  

Spring Fling

Pond Fishing 101 is here and It's #theweekendwade annual Spring Fling and spring has sprung. About time the cold and snow moved on and let the sun out and the grass get greened. I'm so sick of ice, snow and cold that I'm celebrating the first day of spring by working overtime! Lol, just kidding I can not wait one more day to get out and hit the water. Usually the ponds and shallower water is what I spend most my time around this time of the year. They warm up faster and are typically alot more productive and accessible with the rain we typically get during the months or March and April. The ponds are always a good choice when the rain is in, they don't get muddy and with the increased water flow I target the inlets and have damn good success with crappie, bass, and sunfish. These ponds are all over Indy and a lot of other areas like business districts and housing developments. I spot any water I see while driving ( squirrel ) and immediately think there is bass in t