Skip to main content

Small Craft advisory!

SOLD! is what the post read after I agreed for the price that the seller was asking. Just like that I now owned a Old Town Canoe the guide 147 model. 16ft of solid construction. I found it on facebook and had been looking for something to get out on the water the ponds, lakes, and smaller creeks and cover more river miles.
I've owned 1 other canoe,Wenonah canoe that my late uncle had and a canoe I fell in love with after many long adventures down the Colorado river, we covered many river miles along the stretch of the Colorado that truly makes me miss my home state. After selling that awesome canoe, I often times looks online for new canoes that were always out of my price range, until I found this deal and had to buy it. Damn I'm excited to hit the ponds and shallows for bass, crappie and panfish, Heck I may even go out for toothy critters like pike and musky! Adventures and time on the water await!


My plan for this canoe is to add a seat, making it a 3 seater but mainly so its more balanced and better paddling also some cool fishing accessories to make the canoe more fishing friendly and improve my time on the water. I'm planning a few over night trips with me and my dog that will also include plenty of fishing! Stay on the look out and send me some Pictures of water ride and any suggestions you have for add ons or trips! #theweekendwade



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back Cast

I am often asked "how did you get into fly fishing?' or " you fly fish?" The next comment is " I always wanted to learn how to do that but I think it's hard." Truth is I was one of those fascinated, but intimidated people. As a kid I would wake up early on Saturday mornings to watch the now late, great Tony Wejebe on Spanish Fly , or Walter's Cay Chronicles as they traveled all over the world and threw these beautifully created flies across the most remote and distant places all over the ocean and world. To me these places seemed so magical and far away. I would sit there in the early mornings, legs crossed with a big bowl of cereal, mesmerized by these fishing journeys. This intrigue stayed with me and in the back of my mind for quite a long time. I would often watch videos on Youtube as an adult of far off fly fishing destinations. This fly curiosity stayed with me until one of my random Cabelas trips to the bargain cave. I paced aro

First Cast

"What the??" Is what my wife said as I told her I was creating a blog about Fly fishing. I've been looking at ways to create, express and waste time for my favorite hobby. I've spent so much money, time and energy chasing fish from my home state of the Arizona desert all the way to Central Indiana, where I live now. I don't really know what I'm doing with a blog, but I'm stubborn (my wife will agree) and won't give up easily. What I hope for this blog is exciting content that I think is important in fly fishing. Tag my blog on instagram  @brandonkypreos , I want to to give opinions, reviews and advice to the best of my knowledge. I'll talk about my daily experiences on the water. Don't expect me to give you my #langitudes ,haha. I want to expand the readers and my knowledge and perception. I'm excited for this opportunity to express my love for fly fishing and waste some time in this cold Indiana winter. Tight lines!                  

Spring Fling

Pond Fishing 101 is here and It's #theweekendwade annual Spring Fling and spring has sprung. About time the cold and snow moved on and let the sun out and the grass get greened. I'm so sick of ice, snow and cold that I'm celebrating the first day of spring by working overtime! Lol, just kidding I can not wait one more day to get out and hit the water. Usually the ponds and shallower water is what I spend most my time around this time of the year. They warm up faster and are typically alot more productive and accessible with the rain we typically get during the months or March and April. The ponds are always a good choice when the rain is in, they don't get muddy and with the increased water flow I target the inlets and have damn good success with crappie, bass, and sunfish. These ponds are all over Indy and a lot of other areas like business districts and housing developments. I spot any water I see while driving ( squirrel ) and immediately think there is bass in t